Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year

I am officially half way through my intern year!! December was definitely the worst month of my intern year. I am doing much better emotionally - less crying fits - which my makeup appreciates, but again I do wear waterproof mascara. I will start another rough month of q (aka every) 4 day call as I will be in the ICU but I have heard from the other interns that it is an amazing learning experience. I had a wonderful Christmas even though I had to work. It was great to talk to my kid brother Tomo. I cannot believe that he will be home in 7 months!! I am so excited to see him. He is doing so great and has a cute little Spanish accent and I love how he forgets how to say certain words in English. I had a really fun New Year's Eve hangin with my in-laws and my fam but I was on call all New Year's Day. I really missed not being at the Dunes. For the last 3-4 years we have spent New Year's Day at the Dunes which has been a blast but with my schedule it has been much harder to get down there. Well, Megan has got the cutest little prego belly!! Some people are just not cute when they are prego - one big bump from boobs down to pelvis - but not Meg, she just looks adorable. I have this weekend off. It is amazing how after working a resident's schedule I apprecite a 2 day weekend. It is actually a little pathetic how much having 2 days off in a row makes me giddy but what can I say 2 day off is just FABULOUS!! Well, off to spend time with my hubby who also loves me having 2 days off in a row!!

2 comments:

Megan and Trevor Whiting said...

oh yes the belly I know it is wonderful. Ya I don't know that doing chest compressions on an a person would be my idea of amazing. Hopefully your wrists have recovered by now. Thanks for keeping an eye on my doggies the last two monday and tuesday. I hope you don't mind and I hope they aren't too naughty.

Janelle said...

I love keeping up with you by reading your blog, but I still feel bad we haven't gotten to chat since I had to let you go quickly (what was that two months ago?) We should chat soon! Thanks for the congratulations! Love ya,
Janelle