Friday, December 5, 2008

One of those weeks

Well, it has been one of those weeks were you want to crawl under the covers and never come out and on my call night that thought crossed my mind multiple times. But instead of crawling into one of the on-call bedroom beds with the scratchy blankets that are washed with some detergent that is suppose to not give it a scent but actually leaves them with a slightly mildewed smell (do I need a coma here?) I cried to Daniel on the phone in between admits. Needless to say it was the worst day of residency so far - yes in the nurses work station I would sit in the corner and cry on the phone as I was writing my history and physical. I am sure I looked pretty pathetic but no one seemed to notice too much so I am assuming this is a regular occurance with residents. I don't know if it was the fact that I just spent 9 days with my husband - and by the way I actually love spending time with my husband - or the fact that I felt really rusty/stupid from not being on wards for 2 month (for non-med people ward months are aka for hospitalist months aka doctors that take care of you when you get admitted to a hospital) but I had a HORRIBLE night!! Well, thanks to my husband who so beautifully handles my emotions I made it through the night and now I am feeling better. Daniel had always been my rock and because of his support I know that I will make it through this week. Thanks babe!! I love ya!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

So sorry you had such a bad week. It would be hard to go back after that dune trip & all of your Daniel time. Jim is my emotional stability, so I can totally relate. You and Daniel are such an amazing pair!

The Scotts said...

I'm sorry. I always love watching you and Daniel together. You are so perfect for each other. I'm glad he was there for you. Sorry that you had a bad week!