Tuesday, August 14, 2007

2 YEARS

That is the length of time I have until I get to study for my next set of boards. To say 2 years is just amazing. It has been really weird how finishing Step 2 has made me feel that much closer to being Dr Whiting! Dr Whiting still sounds soooo weird, but soooo wonderful!! I have a total of 9 months until I am officially Dr Whiting and all the fun of intern year begins!! I am currently doing a rotation in Infectious Disease and it is so much fun. The amount of knowledge these doctors have is inspiring. I just want to soak it all up!! As much as I bitch about what I go through, I have the privilege of learning!! That is what I will get paid for - paid for knowing loads of crap about this amazing gift that God has given us!!
I also want to give a shout out to my best friend Anne. Girl, I could not have made it through this whole Step 2 process without you. I know Daniel is always there for me and Israel is always there for you, but lets be honest they do not and will not ever understand what we go through. As Daniel said, "You guys are almost 30 and are still jumping through hoops and you will be for another 7 years." Thanks Babe for reminding me. How true it is, almost 30 and still jumping through hoops. At least I have you jumping the same damn hoops with me and we can gripe to each other all we want!! Girl, thanks again for always being there through the studying, test taking, assuring, and comforting. I could not have asked for a better girlfriend. I am just so bummed that you want to do anesthesia which means you will most likely be leaving the AZ. We will definitely come to beautiful Colorado Springs to visit you!! I love ya to death ANNE!!

3 comments:

The Scotts said...

Congrats on being done with tests for a while! Infectious disease doctors, I wonder if you are working with my Mom's doctor. I know there were only a few. How neat to have a great girl friend to go through this all with. Girls are the best! Husbands are great but girls get it!

Amy said...

Yay for one hoop jumped! I'm so glad you have met such a fantastic friend to experience this with. That somehow makes a HUGE difference when it gets tough, I'm sure. You will be a fabulous Dr. Whiting!

Jaime said...

I'm still amazed at your stamina! You're getting closer and closer. It will be overwith before you know it!