Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Little Brother

My little brother (Thomas) left on his mission today. I have cried so much in the last 48 hrs that my eyes are raw. Whenever I describe Thomas to someone I use one word "good" and I will miss that "good" little boy.
Aubrey, Thomas' girlfriend, and I participated in some retail therapy after the airport scene. We went to DSW and bought some fine pairs of shoes and had lunch together. Aubrey, I am here for you anytime you need to talk. I love you like a sister.

5 comments:

Mary Postert said...

Tonya, I just happened upon your blog today. Totally random. Small world, huh? It's fun to see what you've been up to all these years (since it's been 10 years since we hung out, although I did see you at Target about a year ago). I'll keep checkin' back. Oh, this is Mary LeSueur by the way.

Amy said...

Thomas will be such a "good" missionary. And I love Aubrey & hope she's still around for some dune trips this winter. I definitely believe in "retail therapy"!

The Scotts said...

Glad that you got some retail therapy. I love that kind!! Good luck and I hope it gets easier soon. I love how close you are to your family.

Mary Postert said...

I know this is totally random. But do you have any desire to play on a city volleyball team? We don't have a setter currently and are desperately in need of someone.

Tonya Whiting said...

Mary,
Thank you so much for the invite, but unfortunately my life changes every 4 weeks - i get a new rotation every 4 weeks. With every new rotation comes a new schedule and I never know what it will be until I show up that first day. I probably would be so unreliable and you do not want me on your team, I have not touched a ball in probably 3 years!! It would be really ugly. Your blog is so cute and it has been fun to see what you have been up to! I did not know you were a Dolly Parton fan, closet fan no more!!