Friday, July 17, 2009

A Long Time

So, I have been a little busy over the last couple months. I had 3 months of call in a row and I had my gallbladder removed at the end of of my 2nd month of wards - I have been very tired. I felt that I grew a lot during my last 3 months of internship. I had a marvelous week off in between my 1st and 2nd year. My mother, Trent, Daniel, Bailey and I went to the Whiting Homestead. It was the best vacation. I spent 6 days up in the beautiful White Mountains. Everyday my mom, Bailey, and I went on longs walks, we did pilates together, played cards, watched movies, read, rested, and just hung out. Bailey loved it. I realized how much I miss my toy hauler - my home away from home. I cannot wait to go back again. I started my 2nd year on July 1st. It is a very different. My role is very different as a 2nd year. The intern is the work horse of the team. The resident is the person the intern goes to once they run into a situation that they feel uncomfortable with. It is amazing how much you learn in a year yet how much there is left to learn, but as my attending told me today " I wanted to be a doctor to know it all yet it is a lifelong process." This statement is so true and at times frustrating because I feel incompetent frequently yet my career will always be challenging.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I guess you do have to go into medicine with that mindset - you're always learning and growing. You amaze me!

It was fun to see you guys for at the movies last night...

Janelle said...

It was good to hear how things are going for you! I can't wait to see you guys in a month! Yeah! :)