Thursday, April 5, 2007

Enjoy the Journey

I decided to name my blog Enjoy the Journey in honor of Daniel, my husband. Daniel is frequently reminding me to "Enjoy the Journey" through life and as I get irritated with him when he says this I know how true it is! This is a lesson I still have not learned, but I have Daniel there to remind me. Daniel uses this phrase regularly when I am stressed about school and I have been in a terrible FUNK recently!! I DRAG myself to work everyday with a bad attitude. I know that I should be greatful for the opportunity of receiving the education that I am receiving (some day I will be able to save lives and enhance quality of life), yet I still find a way to have a bad attitude about this, I amaze myself. I get so mad at myself for being so selfish and immature, but then I talk to my best friend Anne, who is also a 3rd year, and she is having a terrible time, so I have realized it is not just me. I think all med students feel this way at some time and the thought that I get to do another year of rotations just about does me in. Oh well, suck it up Tonya and "Enjoy the Journey" of med school!!

0 comments: